My name is Xiao-Long Ren (任晓龙). I obtained the title of Doctor of Sciences (Dr. sc. ETH Zurich) in 2021, under the supervision of Prof. Dirk Helbing, Dr. Nino Antulov-Fantulin, and Prof. Ingo Scholtes. I obtained my M.Sc. in Computer Application Technology from Hangzhou Normal University supervised by Prof. Linyuan Lü from HZNU and Prof. Yi-Cheng Zhang from the University of Fribourg in 2015. Before that, I obtained my bachelor’s degree from Chang’an University.
My research interests lie in Network Science and Computational Social Science, including
- Quantum Information, Quantum Approximate Optimization Algorithm (QAOA)
- Network dismantling, network robustness, and fragility,
- Identifying influential users in social networks (aka “node centrality” in complex networks),
- Information spreading (such as prediction, acceleration, suppression, and competition, etc.) in social networks.
- [Mar 2021] Successfully Defended My Ph.D. Dissertation, ETH Zurich
- [Oct 2020] Visiting Scholar at University of Fribourg, Fribourg, Switzerland
- [Oct 2019] Won the Best Student Paper Award at CCCN 2019, Zhenjiang, China [PPT]
- [Sep 2019] Gave a talk at Northwestern Polytechnical University, Xi’an, China
- [Apr 2019] One paper was published in PNAS.
- [Feb 2019] Gave a talk at Beihang University, Beijing, China
- [Sep 2018] Gave a talk at CCS 2018, Thessaloniki, Greece
- [Jun 2018] Gave a talk at NetSci 2018, Paris, France
- [Jan 2018] Gave a talk at Zhejiang University of Technology, Hangzhou China
- [Jan 2018] Gave a talk at NetSciX 2018, Hangzhou China
- [Sep 2017] Gave a talk at Mediterranean School of Complex Networks, Sicily Italy
- Generalized Network Dismantling
Xiao-Long Ren, Niels Gleinig, Dirk Helbing, and Nino Antulov-Fantulin.
PNAS (2019). [html][PDF][Code]
- Underestimated cost of targeted attacks on complex networks.
Xiao-Long Ren, Niels Gleinig, Dijana Tolic, and Nino Antulov-Fantulin. Complexity (2018). [html][PDF]
- Vital nodes identification in complex networks
Linyuan Lü, Duanbing Chen, Xiao-Long Ren, Qian-Ming Zhang, Yi-Cheng Zhang, Tao Zhou
Physics Reports (2016) [html][PDF]
- Avoiding congestion in recommender systems.
Xiaolong Ren, Linyuan Lü, Runran Liu, Jianlin Zhang.
New Journal of Physics (2014).[html][PDF]